Sunday, 12 February 2012

Mom's garden

As long as I can remember I've seen my mom planting Roses and Dahlias. My dad loves gardening too... The wide grin on their faces and the way their eyes brighten up just talking about the harvest the fresh Karela /Bitter gourd, Palak/ Spinach, Tomatoes etc from our own kitchen garden, is priceless.

When I was in school all I did was water the plants once in a while. I remember trying to grow coins and even salt. Probably, since the coins never gave me any money tree, and I found out that salt comes from the oceans I never bothered to grow anything apart from what was required for experiments in the laboratory until I got married.

I have a small terrace garden now but with barely a few floral plants-bougainvillea and the other one, I don't even know the names. Unlike me my Mum's garden is full of flowers. These are just a few pics I took when I was at home last month.

Dahlia


Dahlia

Rose

Petunia

Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Spinach
Copyright © 2012 Experiments. All rights reserved.
Weekly Story

13 comments:

  1. Hi Anisha, what a lovely post! I love gardens, sadly don't have a green thumb and plants do not cooperate with me much. But I keep buying plants with the hope that with a little TLC they would grow in my home.
    Would love to spend some time with expert gardeners like your parents and learn the basics of gardening :-)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh.. Your garden looks stunning.. I was looking thru this.. and simply had to call my mom.. Coz she totally loves gardening.. and grows tomatoes, brinjal, mint, chillies, spinach and coriander.. and loads of flowers.. and somehow Im always complaining.. coz we've got plants everywhere.. She is super impressed with the spinach image!!

    Thanks for linking in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful garden...I specially love Dahilas...after looking at this my urge for planting it this year in my garden has increased even more:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely..My mom is also fond of gardening ..I just rembered her garden when i saw these,nice clicks..

    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dahlias are spectacular! I love flower gardens so much! I've never had my own, but visiting them is such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...lovely ...beautiful captures anisha..love it..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful.
    Your clicks are attaractive too.
    viji

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... beautiful pics.... looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dahlias!! They bare simply gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely :) Few of the flowers are there in my garden too

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com
    Catch me on FB:)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MeghaSarin/276091209123944

    ReplyDelete
  11. -Good piece of information.

    ReplyDelete

I'm grateful for the words of encouragement and valuable sugggestions.
Thank you for stopping by!

Cheers!
Anisha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...