Saturday, 4 February 2012

Live life my way and you'll die with no regrets ;)

I got the link to this article through a friends facebook update. The article is based on the Blog post from the blog Inspiration and Chai. As I was typing to update my FB status with this link I realized it's almost as long as a post, so here I am writing a post.

The blog's name made me wonder if the author is into Yoga. The past few years that I've been into Yoga, I've come to realize that most foreigners who love Yoga love Chai too. Well I haven't read the blog enough to conclude if the author is a Yogi since she is a nurse I'm sure she is a Karma Yogi. This is getting off topic; let's get back to the death bed. ;)



As I read through the five regrets of the dying people. I kept thinking about my life and realized none of these five points are going to be my regrets coz... 

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.  


I live my life true to myself, so true that at times I find it hard to please people around me and end up hurting the people who are close to me. I can go on elaborating giving infinite examples from my life but I'd rather not get into details which might hurt the people involved even more.

Though my choices in life have hurt those around me, eventually they accept it when they see me happy. Though they do try to bring it up to try and persuade me into agreeing to their point of view, which I've got used to by now. Every person has the right to express and assert what they think is true.




 
2. I wish I didn't work so hard.


I left my job three years ago, and haven't missed anything about it till date. I do miss my friends from work and I try to stay in touch with them.

I don't work at all; to forget about working hard is hence easy for me. For this luxury of not going to work and living life just to cross things off my bucket list, I'll always be indebted to my loving, hard working husband (I do make sure he is not working too hard to regret it).





3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings


I am so courageous that expressing my feelings comes easy to me. Sometimes I wonder, why can't I just keep my mouth and eyes shut and not let the other person know what I'm feeling. I express my love, anger and hate very frankly.

It is these kind of articles that make me feel good about it but most of the times in case of anger and hate; I wish I hadn't expressed it. If I wouldn't express it I will not be fulfilling point 1.



4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

My close friends know I stay in touch with them and most of them don't need to read my stupid blog posts to stay updated about my life. I keep them updated frequently by phone or dropping in at their houses (of which not a single one stays in my city) to surprise them. I do use every opportunity to catch up with old friends whom I haven't met for a long time.

I suck at replying to msgs, emails and even calls on time. But I do respond even if it is after a year. :) Sometimes I genuinely miss out on the particular msg or mail but sometimes I just don't feel like writing back...It's just a part of being true to myself. :)


5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

I may or may not regret this one on my death bed. I'm happy most of the time but I do let myself be sad and cry coz that is also a part of being true to myself. I do choose happiness which comes easily when I remind myself to be "Present" in the moment. It is a tough thing to do at times but gets easier with practice.

This analysis has left me wondering about the other list of regrets people have on their deathbed so I can analyze and realize how Blessed I am.. :)


Image Courtesy: Sketchy Geek , The Authentic Me, icanhascheezeburger, Idea champions


9 comments:

  1. All of us realise this things , but some do it early and some do it late.

    better we realise it early

    thanks for sharing Anisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True... we all do realize the truth sooner or later. :)

      Delete
  2. :) that is a thought provoking post. I think,I should think back a little and see if things did really bring me happiness and no regrets. Or at least, live my life my way from this 2012 onward. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the post got you to think... :) Hope you have a awesome 2012!!!

      Delete
  3. Very thoughtful post all the 5 points made me think and gave some postive energy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post. Very thoughtful and open. Have a blessed night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love this article.. and how you've expressed some absolute facts that we often forget..

    ReplyDelete

I'm grateful for the words of encouragement and valuable sugggestions.
Thank you for stopping by!

Cheers!
Anisha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...