Friday, 11 November 2011

My Perfect Life

 This post won the runners up for the Indiblogger Get Smart Contest.

I wake up every morning with the sunlight, lighting up my bedroom through my window; the sound of birds chirping reaches my ears and my eyes open up to watch the leaves swinging in the wind. The sweet smell of freshly baked bread and coffee boiling in the tea pot tickles my senses, as I get out of bed. After breakfast I sit down to read in my balcony which overlooks a land of blossoming flowers and the smell of freshly ploughed mud always brings a smile to my face. Each night as I go to sleep I can see the moon lighting up the sky through my window. I close my eyes wondering how lucky I am to have a relaxed and peaceful life.

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Noooooooooooooooooooo.....

This is what I wished my life would be, not what it is. A typical day for me is one, where the music coming from the bedroom is like thunder and lightning over which the TV sounds like rain. A lot of loud noises is all I hear from the bedroom, over which my husband manages to call out to me. I find him sitting in front of the remaining pieces of a perfectly working radio scattered all over the floor. I sometimes wonder how he manages to create such a miracle, turning a perfectly working radio into a heap of junk. I ask him with a pitiful face, what he wants and as usual he is searching for the remote. What I wonder is, how in the hell is he watching TV and listening to music at the same time, maybe he has some special powers that I am not aware off. (Note to self... observe husband more thoroughly to find out his superpowers).

After all that, there is my father in law, who is very inquisitive to understand the working of each and everything. My god! How do I know how things work? I see an ON Button and an Off Button, nothing more.

When I finally sit down after all the questioning and after fulfilling all the request of my husband, I realize the dogs are barking and I need to feed them and bathe them. Sometimes I wish I had copies of me, to make things easier. Then there is the cooking, cleaning and watering the plants and so on, which will go on until I finally realise night crept up on me without me knowing about it.

When I finally get to bed, I wonder where all the time went, what all I missed on doing, what if I had a few hours extra. I close my eyes wondering what I would do those few hours.

I would love to learn pottery. I imagine myself sitting in front of the wheels spinning it around, dropping clay into the centre of the wheel, to mould it and to create beautiful pots and designs. It's like creating forms out of nothing, to mould clay with my fingers, feeling it growing into shapes, into a creation that I could display to the world. I love the calmness I get from creating objects and the peace I acquire from seeing the end product (Even if it is a hopelessly shapeless pot).

 

 

 

 

 

Too happy after creating my first pot
If only, I had two hours more, I am sure I would be enjoying life as a potter and my husband would end up crying because he would have to pay for all my classes.

Evil laugh at Ranjit, another course added to the list.

This post was written for Surf Excel Matic #GetSmart Contest on Indiblogger

If you enjoyed reading this post, you can vote for the post here.

I'm also sending it to the Weekly Story by Colours Dekor.


45 comments:

  1. That would be time well spent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice, feel good stuff !
    the starting is awesome n d flow is great, but at d end it abruptly get stuck at pottery n ends..
    i personal would have loved if your thoughts vaguely went over a few such things n starts deepening as u leave dis real world n start living d imagination.. :)
    just my thoughts n expectation while i went through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. n btw, ur last pic, dats amazingly beautiful <3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello molu,

    Your perfect life is perfect.

    With Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Indrani, Magiceye, Tindu and Papa.

    Tindu, I've made a few changes, though not adding much.I hope it is better than before. I get your idea but I kind of wrote the post with just pottery in my mind as i recently got to try it and am dying to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done... Well done!! I've always wanted to use a wheel.. *sigh*.. And I sooooooooooooo envy you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Divya and Pat. :)

    Pat, I hope you get to use it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is on my wish list since a long time,,,:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful post... Loved the pics... :) All the best dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great..I always wanted to do this. hope I get a chance to do few classes.. my first time here....lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very lovely post. Daag Acche hain. Best of luck. Please do visit my post Aye Zindagi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all!

    notyet100 and Nayana, It had been on my wishlist for ages and finally got to try it. I hope you guys can also cross it off your wishlist soon.

    Anukriti Sharma, I'm really happy that you took time to read my post. Feels good to be actually appreciated by someone who actually knows about writing and literature so well.

    Ranting Indian, Thank you for reading and voting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. excellent. pictorials are just amazing. The satisfaction of making an earthen pot. just superb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thats some awesum talent u got there,,if i tried my hand at that pot,,it would probably end up looking like a chicken or smething lol.best luck for the contest btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pottery has been on my wish list for the longest time :) ...I loved your pictures with such terrific smile more though....I thought I was reading a new blog with by some new fitness enthusiast...Well you looked so good in all the pics..and then I browsed up to the about column and I saw you..Oh it's you Anisha!! I know you.. I said but actually ,it was a great post and I loved it ...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Pramod... :)

    Joel Fernandes... thank you, but I got the pot this shape with help from a real potter. This was my first attempt and I'm sure if i do it all by myself I am going to mess it up a few times before I get the hang of it. It is isn't as simple as it looks.

    Sharkara... I'm flattered :)... I'm glad you enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like a lot of fun! Your description made pottery sound incredibly peaceful. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy your new hobby again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Mary, Sham and Amina!

    ReplyDelete
  19. [I thought I commented earlier but doesn't look like it succeeded]
    I liked the beginning and the twist in the tale :-)
    I would love to take up pottery too if and when I could steal some time...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Bindu... I never knew there were so many people, who had pottery on their wishlist. I thought I was the odd one out as I can't find any classes around here.

    I hope you find some time to spin the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you wish, check mine. I liked and promoted yours but somehow comment did not work

    ReplyDelete
  22. What neat pics of you having fun doing pottery! I sure wish I could try my hand at it. You look so focussed in the pics. Would loved to see what the final product came out like. Do post it! I'm eager to see :).

    ReplyDelete
  23. I plan on painting the pot, so probably I'll do a hwole post on it. Thank you VPZ !

    ReplyDelete
  24. I truly enjoyed your story and empathized with the part that wants clones of yourself - i often feel that way - torn among several people and several things that need to be done simultaneously!
    From a journalistic point of view, you need to correct some of the typos for instance bathe my dogs as opposed to bath - (I once made a living editing my own stuff and others')
    Makes for a funny read :) All the very best with your submissions! You look pretty awesome behind the wheel :) cheers priya

    ReplyDelete
  25. following you :) please do follow back - I will give provide you "food" for thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Priya for the editing.I'm already your follower, guess you are here for the first time, I also have a food blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely way to spend the extra two hours!!! You seem to have had a jolly good time, it reflects in your smile. Thats so good to see.
    Best Wishes Anisha:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Arti, I did enjoy the experience it has motivated me even more to learn the art.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very very different!!! Not to mention, a superbly worded post :D
    I didn't get bored, not once. And so here's an all the best from a fellow competitor, this post deserves more reads, I'm voting :)

    If you could spare a few minutes, could you read my entry into the competition? And share your feedback? And if you like it, vote too? ;)
    Eagerly awaiting your comment :)
    I'd be much obliged :)

    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=90039

    ReplyDelete
  30. Achyuth, Your comment made me feel like I actually stand a chance in the contest. Thank you so much :)

    I've already read your entry and voted for you a few days back.

    ReplyDelete
  31. ROFL... That was a great post... I loved the one with the evil laugh at Ranjit. He probably had his hands on his head... haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think the best part is the feeling you get when you do something which you wanted to do from a long period of time, that feeling is unmatchable. Nice post, all the Best...:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anisha, first time here..that's a wonderful thing to create your own pot!..:)..nice one

    ReplyDelete
  34. Quaint and simple. Learning something you wanted to is always wonderful. The set of images was nice too. Nice work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi and thanks for your positive comments and for following me. I am just about to start following your "Flavours" and "Life on the Road"! I paid them a quick visit and I think they're great! You are most welcome to one of the cookbooks: you can email me your postal address and I will send it. My email is: sarojinididi@yahoo.co.uk
    Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey Anisha... I'm first timer here !! Lovely post, great way to relax n rejuvenate :)

    Have a lovely day ahead !

    ReplyDelete
  37. Though I didn't read this post when it wast first posted but as they say it is better late than never, i will comment now. I am glad that I did read it. I couldn't stop laughing at the things working part. ha ha ha... i am also one of those who sees only an on and an off button.

    Lovely post and accept my belated congratulations for winning indisurprises.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice post Anisha. Last pic was cute. Wish we had more than 24hrs in a day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  39. hello molu!
    When the ahem did this happen?

    ReplyDelete

I'm grateful for the words of encouragement and valuable sugggestions.
Thank you for stopping by!

Cheers!
Anisha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...